Budget Vote & Board Election, Tuesday, May 19, 2020
6:00am to 9:00pm at Putnam Valley Elementary School
Interested in Running for School Board? There are two trustee seats being voted on at the May 19, 2020, election. Please see the attached link regarding running for a school board seat:
Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at the High School (146 Peekskill Hollow Rd.) between 4 pm and 8 pm
Monday, May 12, 2020 at the Elementary School (171 Oscawana La. Rd.) between 3:30 and 7:30 pm
Tuesday, May 14, 2020 at the High School between 4 pm and 8 pm
Utilize & mail the county form prior to the vote
(registrations must be received at the county no later than May 14, 2020):
Voter Registration – Putnam County Board of Elections
Stop by the District Office any weekday from 8am to 4pm by May 16, 2019
Obtaining an absentee ballot is a two-step process.
An application must be submitted before an absentee ballot can be provided to a voter.
Applications to obtain Absentee Ballots are available as follows:
- On the website: http://pvcsd.org/wp-content/uploads/resources/community/vote/AbsenteeBallot-Application-2020.pdf
- In person from the District Clerk, Mrs. Maureen Bellino, in the District Office from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm until May 18, 2020
- By calling (845) 528-8143 ext. 1367 (mailed applications must be done in a timely manner as ballots cannot be mailed to voters after May 12, 2020).
- By writing to:
Putnam Valley Central School District
171 Oscawana Lake Road (Modular Building Next to Elementary School)
Putnam Valley, New York 10579
Return completed applications to the District Clerk as soon as possible.
Please note that ballots cannot be mailed to voters after May 12, 2020.
Completed ballots must be returned to the District Clerk
by 5:00pm on May 19, 2020.
Please be advised that no person can have two legal residences for voting purposes. It is not enough to own property or lease a place of business in the Putnam Valley Central School District. You must also qualify as a legal resident.
LEGAL DEFINITION OF QUALIFIED VOTER:
To be a qualified voter in this election you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of Cortlandt Manor, Lake Peekskill, Carmel or Putnam Valley who reside within the Putnam Valley Central School District for at least 30 days immediately prior to the election at which he or she seeks to vote.
- And, REGISTERED TO VOTE (you are a registered voter if you are registered with the school district OR Putnam or Westchester County Board of Elections.)