Fall II Head Varsity Coaches:
Football – Coach Elsasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheerleading – Coach Wilson email@example.com
Girls Swimming – Coach Burlenski firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball – Coach Scaveli email@example.com
Email the coaches with any questions you may have regarding the upcoming season.
Fall II Season Begins Monday, March 8
– On Monday, March 8 our Fall II season begins. This is for Varsity Football, Varsity and JV Volleyball, Varsity Girls Swimming and Varsity Cheerleading.
– All student-athletes, whether remote or in-person learning must fill out the district’s COVID screening tool every day. We are asking that this be done by 12 noon each day. Athletes will not be able to enter practice without filling out the screener.
– Student-athletes should bring their own water bottles. Please plan accordingly to bring enough for the entire practice. We do have bottle filling stations available but they need their own bottle.
– Student-athletes should come dressed and prepared to practice each day.
Spring Season begins, April 19
*******Please email the head coach so we can start getting an email group together to share information as well as get accurate sign-up numbers.*******
Baseball – Coach Santoianni firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf – Coach Elsasser email@example.com
Boys Lacrosse – Coach Weir firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Lacrosse – Coach Vasta email@example.com
Softball – Coach Finsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
Track and Field – Coach Keating email@example.com
Code of Conduct
As per Putnam County Department of Health, any student-athlete that participates in a high-risk sport during COVID. You filled that out when you registered.
As a reminder, should a positive COVID case arise on any of our high risk sports, a mandatory 10-Day pause must take place, as per Putnam County Department of Health Guidelines. Currently, we have high risk sports of boys and girls basketball, cheerleading and wrestling. On Monday, football, volleyball and cheerleading begin, which are also deemed high-risk. Lastly, in the spring, boys lacrosse is a high risk sport.
With this in mind, our protocols are vital.
Yesterday, Westchester County released the following statement pertaining to spectators at school and recreation sporting events: Westchester County Health Department Issues Guidance on Spectators at School and Recreation Sports (westchestergov.com).
As of today, NO change has been made to Section 1’s current spectator policy. Last Monday, potential adjustments to the Section 1 spectator policy were discussed by the Executive Committee but no changes were recommended or made at that time. Next week, the Executive Committee is scheduled to meet again and intends to reexamine the Section wide spectator policy for the Fall II season.
I understand the desire to attend games and we certainly miss your energy and support of the kids in the stands but we need to abide by Section 1’s protocols. I appreciate your continued patience as we navigate these unprecedented times.
At Putnam Valley, we are preparing to offer the full slate of modified spring sports for 7th and 8th graders, beginning on April 26. The spring modified sports include baseball, softball, track and field, and boys and girls lacrosse.
Remaining Interscholastic Calendar
– Monday, March 8- Fall II Season begins: this includes Varsity Football, Varsity and JV Volleyball, Varsity Girls Swimming, and Varsity Cheerleading
– Monday, March 22- Registration begins for spring season high school sports. This will include Varsity and JV Baseball, Varsity and JV Softball, Varsity and JV Boys and Girls Lacrosse, Varsity Boys Golf, and Varsity Boys and Girls Track and Field
– Monday, April 5- Registration begins for spring modified sports for 7th and 8th graders. This includes baseball, softball, track and field, boys lacrosse and girls lacrosse.
– Monday, April 19- Spring high school sports season begins
– Monday, April 26- Spring modified sports season begins