The Putnam Valley School District believes that the students must assume the following responsibilities in order to receive the best possible education.
- Do all they can to take full advantage of the educational opportunities offered.
- Pursue and attempt to complete the course of study prescribed by state and school authorities.
- Assist the school staff in maintaining a safe school environment.
- Be aware of school rules and regulations and conduct themselves in accordance with them.
- Respect the rights of others and develop a tolerance for and an understanding of, differences in social, economic, and cultural backgrounds and attitudes.
- Make necessary arrangements for making up work when absent from school.
- Be aware of, and comply with, state and local laws.
- Protect and take care of personal and school property.
- Attend school daily, except when excused, and be on time to all classes and other school functions.
- Dress and groom him or her to meet fair standards of safety and health, and common standards of decency.